Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Late night

Tonight is going to be a late night, and while I really don't want to stay up past my work bedtime, I have to at least wait to see how my beloved Irish team plays in the beginning of the 2nd half. It could be a bad morning tomorrow. What was the BCS thinking when they put bowl games on nights when people have to go to work. Yeah if you are on the west coast, it works, but not here.
The Irish are playing in New Orleans which is where we spent Easter 2005. It was pre-Katrina, and we had a good time. There is a lot of history there, and while I enjoyed the markets, the shops, the food, and seeing the buildings and cemetaries there, the best thing on the trip was the plantation tour we went on. We went to Laura and to the Oaks. Both were amazing tours and I learned alot, but Laura moved me in many ways. I could feel the emotion welling up inside as we learned about the slaves and the world that the family lived in. It was Good Friday, and I think that added to my feeling of spirituality as we visited this home. I don't know if I will ever go back, but being there was very interesting and we able to see the Garden District, downtown, Magazine street, Tulane, and ride all of the trolleys and even a bus. We stayed in the business district, so we were central and really got a good glimpse of the city in 5 days.

Going back to work today was good for my routine. Now I just need to get on some kind of "better" eating routine as well. I had a busy day sorting mail and answering phone calls. Tomorrow I have 2 letters of rec to write for a competitive program, and review grades for our 8th grade scholarships. I also have some type of eye test, and have to work for a few hours in the evening. Is it Friday yet?

No comments: