Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekends are for what?

What are weekends for? To recharge our batteries for the work week. . .but what if we also work on weekends. . .when do we recharge? To clean or do laundry. . .but what if we need to do it at another time? To spend time watching college football, eating dinner out or having a family dinner? OK, I can go for that one.

I had a 3 day weekend, but still dont' feel I will accomplish anything even though I did work this am, have decluttered some of my stuff, and am preparing books to mail out to swappers. Yet, I also am procrastinating on the big stuff like grading papers, cleaning or just tackling a big project. Who cares but me anyway?

I also am trying to get my head around the fact that I have only one month to complete all Christmas shopping, wrap gifts and decorate since we are leaving on December 14th for Disney. Hell, in between there I also have to work. Too bad cause otherwise I would be able to get it all done in record time. Yes, yes, I do have a Thanksgiving break to look forward too since hubby will be out hunting from Saturday through Monday, so I will attempt to decorate, bake cookies and maybe freeze a few dishes we can use for our holiday break. We will actually be having some company here since 2 of my brothers are coming in, and only one can stay with my mother. The other COULD stay with my Dad but we have a better house for a toddler, will help watch him, and will actually have food and beverages around for him. Love my Dad but he just wouldn't be as adjustable as we could be to have our godson and his parents stay here. They have been here before for a short stay, so we can make do even with only one bathroom.

I think I have blogged more this week than in the entire summer. I am feeling the need to do it again, so if there is anyone out there reading. . .keep coming around to read my thoughts and opinions.

BOOK REVIEW

The Potluck Club was on my TBR shelf, and I found it entertaining but also a fairly quick read. It was OK, but not one of the best I have read in recent months. I do like the characters, but don't know if I will read the next one even though I have seen good reviews on paperbackswap.com.

1 comment:

Deb Smouse said...

Keep blogging, my dear. It's a very good thing...