Because I can't seem to keep the reading list on the sidebar up to date, I decided I would do a post a month on what I have read. Mainly because I am trying to keep track of reads, but also because my TBR pile seems to be growing. So, August begins with:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling***LOVED IT!! What else can I add?
2. Barefoot by Elin Hildebrand***Great read for women, had happy, sad, anger and friendship in it.
3. Tell Me No Lies by Sidney Sheldon***Just OK. Found it at a used book sale, and am donating it on.
4. Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber***Great book although I did like her first two much better. It seemed to drag in parts, and in others the characters seemed bored in their own book.
5. The Last Summer (of you and me) by Anne Brashears of the Traveling Pants fame. It was an interesting read, but in a way predictable to me.
6. The Red Hat Club by Haywood Smith. . .great read that was quick and made you love the characters even if you didn't think it was a realistic situation..
7. The Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein. Really did enjoy this one and actually had it with me when I went for my kidney stone blasting. Read in the waiting room and while at home recovering.
I will keep returning to this post to update, or maybe copy and paste if the month gets too many posts. We have returned from our trip, and are trying to clean up the house. We sold the Jeep Cherokee, and currently have only one car until we can get out to make a deal for (hopefully) a Jeep Compass. And right now, we are off to a gathering of friends. Have a great Saturday.
(Added due to a comment: What I thought briefly of the book--would I recommend it, and what category does it fall in)