I don't usually do these but with Christmas less than a week away, I saw this while blog surfing, copied it, and now want to share for anyone who still stops by. . .And if you do, I think you should add this to your blog!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate although I try not to have it too much due to the sugar
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? No kids, but I wrap all gifts. When I was a kid, my parents wrapped them all, so I would too.
3. Colored lights on tree or white? Many many colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends on what is going on. Last year it was over Thanksgiving weekend but this year it was from December 9-16th!! I think it was due to the fact that we were out of town till after Thanksgiving, and it was early this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham sandwiches and cookies!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Probably going to midnight mass with my parents and brothers. And then watching them get so excited over gifts on Christmas morning when I was old enough to "know" about Santa
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was in 5th or 6th grade I think
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As kids, we always opened our exchange with each other, and now hubby and I open one gift before bed.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, and the ornaments are ones that have meaning for me. Many were mine growing up, and when my parents split up, I "inherited" many of the glass ornaments. Since then, Keith and I add a few each year.
11. Snow! Do you like it or Dread it? I am OK with it, but I hate to driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? No
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it would be the hope chest my husband got me the first year we were married.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? nutrolls
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have a traditional Christmas eve dinner with my dad's family, go to midnight mass, and the open gifts Christmas morning. After that we go to my Mom's for brunch and see her family.
16. What tops your tree? A star with lights in it. . .we used to have the one that was on my family's tree but it has seen better days, so this is the first year we have a new one.
17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? I love both, but my favorite is giving, there's something about watching the other person open the presents, I just love it.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
19. Candy Canes yuck or yum? ick
20. Fruitcake? No way.