Friday, June 27, 2008

A Friday of summer

Today was a typical Friday during my summer. I don't go into the school, and I try not to think about it. That is harder because of some feeling that I need to work on things, but I don't know what so I keep trying to just enjoy the day. I had a nail appointment, ran a few errands and had lunch with my graduate Thursday lunch group. When my student was killed last December and we came back to school on a Thursday--her friends needed to talk but didn't want to miss class. So, we had a lunch group that met that day (and last all afternoon) but after decided we needed to have lunch each first Thursday of the month. And we did. . till May got crazy.
So, I planned with them a chance to have lunch at a local chain restaurant and today was our lunch day. We had some closure to our time together, and I hope to keep in touch cause I know that moving on is still hard for them; it was a girl time, and I hope they stay in touch. I told them if they did, I would send a care package at some point, so maybe my "bribe" will work.
Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: